During periods of severe weather there may be school closures or disruption to your child’s Home to School Transport. In these circumstances do you know what to do? Here are some tips;
- Check this website, seahousesmiddleschool.com. We aim to have any information online by 7:30am and it will be on prominent on the front page.
- Subscribe to our Twitter feed at twitter.com/SeahousesMiddle. Information will be posted on there at the same time we update our website.
- Listen to the Local Radio Stations — Radio Newcastle 95.4FM or listen online.
- Check the website www.bbc.co.uk/tyne.
- Go to the Northumberland County Council Website www.northumberland.gov.uk—the County Council will continuously update news on the front page, including road and public transport information.
- Ring the County Council Schools helpline — 0845 600 6400
- Go to the County Council alerts Facebook page www.facebook.com/nccalerts.
- Go to the County Council Twitter feed at twitter.com/northumberlands.
In extreme cases the school may have to close during the day due to the severe weather and your child will be sent home early. Do you have a procedure in place for the care of your child until you arrive home? You could;
- Make arrangements with a relative or close friend to care for your child until you are able to get home.
- Inform the school and transport provider of these arrangements as it may be necessary for your child to seek alternative transportation from school.
- Make sure the School and Transport provider have an “In Case of Emergency” contact telephone number.
- Above all, make sure your child is aware of the arrangements.
- For more information please call Northumberland County Council Contact Centre on 0845 600 6400