Seahouses Middle School is in the picturesque fishing village of Seahouses on the north Northumberland coast.
It is surrounded by history, having castles at nearby Bamburgh, Lindisfarne, Ford, Dunstanburgh, Alnwick, Warkworth and wonderful natural resources on our doorstep including miles of unspoilt beaches, sand dunes and farm land.
The school was purpose built to accommodate the Secondary Modern School in 1961, and in 1983 changed to join the three tier system in becoming the middle school.
Believe, Achieve, Succeed
We believe that all pupils, irrespective of ability can be successful. We want our school to be a place where pupils feel safe, happy and cared for so that they can grow in confidence and develop the self-belief that will enable them to be successful.
To support our pupils we are constantly striving to improve and be a school where:
* All pupils are taught to relate to each other irrespective of their differences.
* Success, academic or otherwise is recognised and rewarded.
* New technologies and ideas are embraced to develop enquiring minds.
* Mutual respect and positive behaviour is expected.
* Staff, pupils and parents feel valued and work together to achieve success.
Ethos & Values
Our school aims to provide an education which meets the individual needs of all the children. It is a community school and as such is a centre not only for children but for their parents, neighbours, senior citizens, youth and unemployed. The children are part of this larger community, and the school aims to equip children to become full members of it. Links with the community are planned into the work the children undertake.